This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more information.
I am feeling a bit of shock and love right now. A weird mix, I know. 😉
I have received an overwhelmingly amount of emails plus a few comments on my last post regarding shutting down this site. Honestly, I NEVER expected that response ever. I am so touched by all the kind words you have said to me over the last few days. I feel like I am letting you down, and even myself down if I shut down this site.
After a lot of time thinking on this, plus a chat with my hubby, I HAVE COME TO A DECISION (AGAIN). Last time, I swear. 😉
Yes, you read that correctly. I just cannot and will not do that to you, my readers. You mean more to me than you will ever know.
I had no idea how this one major decision impacted so many other people. I was pretty much just thinking about myself and that was selfish. I love my readers! I am so honored and touched by the things people are saying.
Here are just a few:
I’m so sad that you are shutting this site down, I’ve been hooked now for 12 hrs…I literally JUST found your website yesterday (and stayed up half the night reading). – Laura
It blows my mind the first time I visit your site, you announce it’s shutting down in a day or two. I would have loved to follow you! – Michele
Not sure how many times I’ve visited TrueCrimeDiva.com over the last (almost!) decade.
I am a journalist by Major, and worked as a journalist for a number of years. You writing is concise enough with details, and loose enough to make an entertaining read. All while bringing awareness to these unsolved crimes, crimes that need to stay in the spotlight- for the victims, and for their families/ friends. – Eric
I understand your decision, but I want you to know that I have adored your blog for 2 plus years now! I’m am an avid consumer of true crime content, from podcasts, to blogs, to news articles, to pages like thecharleyproject and namus, and out of all the options out there, Truecrimediva has been a favorite and a go-to for sometime now. – Duchess
So, here’s the deal! From now on, I am putting 100% into blogging! I owe it to YOU, my readers. You deserve more from me and this site. But to keep it real here, I have to change it up a bit because the truth is, I was bored. BIG time. I don’t think I was being honest when I said in my last post that I completely lost interest in true crime. No, I haven’t. I just have to do things a bit differently from now on.
What You’ll Get
- At least ONE published post per week, guaranteed. If I can swing an extra one (depends on time), I will post two.
- More activity on social media.
- A variety of different types of posts, not just the ones where I give my insight on the case. I’m talking more list posts (I’ve only done one lol), articles on well-known cases (I stayed away from those in the past), bizarre, and more.
- Additional sections on the site. I’m still planning this, so not sure what those will be, but someone suggested conspiracy theories, as an example.
- A weekly or monthly newsletter. I plan on incorporating this within the next few weeks.
- Guest post submissions. Must be true-crime related, of course.
- A resource page for both crime and blogging resources (will be added soon).
- Interviews with others in the true crime field. This depends, of course, on getting willing participants lol.
- More interaction with ME, the real me. The person behind TCD. I think it’s time you know the face behind the blog, don’t you? I admit, this freaks me out a little. I’ve always blogged anonymously here, so this might take a little bit to gather the courage lol. Also, I need to take a picture. With makeup on.
- And more. I have other ideas but they’re just that at this point.
Of course, I am open to suggestions from you on how to improve this site. So, feel free to email me or comment below with any suggestions you may have.
Lastly, I want to say THANK YOU. Thank you for helping me realize again how awesome the true crime community is.
- PLEASE READ: This Site is Shutting Down
- Changes to TrueCrimeDiva.com
- True Crime Diva on Reddit and Elsewhere