To read about this case, please click here.
Once I read about this case, I was instantly drawn to Toni. She was a beautiful girl who had her whole life in front of her. It just pisses me off that she was robbed of this.
Without having a lot of info on this case, I have some questions about it.
- Toni’s bracelet and the keys were left in the car. According to reports, she NEVER took her bracelet off. Why would she take it off at this particular moment? Did someone make her remove it. If so, why? I don’t think she walked to get help because she would have taken both items with her.
- I could find nothing about Toni’s purse. A girl doesn’t leave home without it. The purse would have held her driver’s license, wallet, personal items, etc. If she was the one who left her bracelet and keys in the car, then why didn’t the police find her purse? What happened to the purse? They didn’t find it in the water.
- How long had Toni and/or her car been on the bridge before the car got hit? What time did her car break down?
- I know witnesses saw the man under the hood. Who was this guy? When did he arrive at the scene? Was Toni there? Why didn’t he ever come forward? What about the guy walking away? Same guy?
- If witnesses didn’t see her go over the railing, did they see her at all? No witnesses saw her being abducted or walking away from the scene but they saw this man under the hood of the Camaro and the other guy walking away. This is what I don’t understand. Witnesses saw these men but nothing regarding what Toni was doing. We know Toni was not there when police arrived 6 minutes after her car was hit.
- I noticed from pictures of the Bay Bridge that there are call boxes on it. Why didn’t Toni use one to call police as soon as her car broke down? If my car had broken down here at midnight, you can best believe I would have walked to a call box right away. No witnesses saw her walking.
- If the U.S. Coast Guard did not find her body, then why the hell did the police close the case? Why were they not open to other scenarios, like an abduction?
- What about the father of her baby and her boyfriend? Are they one and the same? If so, what was he doing the night she disappeared? There is no mention of him at all in any articles I could find.
- I believe it’s possible the caller was Toni, but why didn’t she speak to her mother? Maybe she had just a few seconds of opportunity and wanted to hear her mother’s voice. Maybe she was too overcome with emotion after hearing her mother on the other end and couldn’t speak. She could have suffered trauma at this point. Or maybe the kidnapper got some sick pleasure out of her mother’s pain and forced her to make the call. 40 seconds seems a bit long to not say anything so maybe she wasn’t allowed to speak.
The fact that her car broke down means that this was probably a moment of opportunity for the abductor versus a planned abduction. I don’t believe Toni fell into the water. If that were the case, her body would have been found and her bracelet would have still been on her wrist and not in the car, I’m assuming. The Coast Guard was searching within minutes after the collision so I don’t buy the theory that her body followed the tide out to the Golden Gate Bridge. People jump off the Golden Gate Bridge every year. Most of the time they find their bodies, so I think if she fell into the water, her body would have been found.