My name is Deb and I am the owner of TrueCrimeDiva.com. I am married with grown children and a grandchild. I live in the Midwest USA and am addicted to true crime anything – websites, TV shows, books, news. You get the idea. 🙂 I also love cooking, Facebook, quiet moments alone, COFFEE, and an ice cold beer on a hot summer day. 😀
About the Blog
TrueCrimeDiva.com is a personal opinion-based blog discussing various cases around the world and was established in 2010 as a means for me to give my opinion/insight into various solved/unsolved cases. True crime stories have fascinated and intrigued me ever since I can remember.
There is no method to my true crime madness when it comes to picking cases to write about. I just go with my gut. I do tend to lean towards older cases, though.
Something You Should Know
I am not a professional investigator or law enforcement official. I’m just a simple person with a big interest in true crime who cares about these victims. I do not consider myself an amateur sleuth. I do not actually investigate the case, as in calling around trying to get more info, interviewing people, etc. I do a lot of reading!
I am not a journalist. I am a blogger. Bloggers do not have to follow the rules of journalism. I am not a professional WRITER and never claimed to be. So do not come here and ATTEMPT to put down my writing. You do NOT have to read what is on here. You do NOT have to be on this site PERIOD.
- Be respectful to others commenting AND to the owner of this blog. If you cannot be, take your attitude somewhere else. I respect others opinions, too, but I will not tolerate hateful bashing of me or my readers.
- With that being said, I manually approve all comments and delete all hateful comments. If you do comment on this blog, it might take me a bit to approve it. Sometimes I get to it right away, other times it will be the next day or so. Just hang in there. I have a life, too.
- The information I gather for my posts comes from newspaper articles, online articles, and on a rare occasion, an interview. I do not hold myself responsible for the validity or accuracy of the information. See Disclaimer for more about this. Therefore, do not comment or send me an email stating I have something wrong. It will be deleted or ignored (unless it is minor like a wrong name, etc).
- As stated above, this is an opinion-based site, meaning I give my opinion on cases I write about. Some people like it, others don’t. Some things just need to be said. Sometimes the finger needs to point in a certain direction, and I’m not afraid to do that. If you like my boldness, great. If not, I’m not going to cry over it. 🙂
- Certain high profile cases will never make it on this blog. Example: the disappearance of Maddie McCann. Mostly because cases like that tend to have a huge amount of supporters on both sides and it turns into a freaking war. Not happening here. That’s what Twitter is for!